Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular forms of surgeries which is best suited for addressing issues related to the nose. And Dr. Rod Rohrich from the Dallas, Texas area is an expert surgeon when it comes to Rhinoplasty or even Revision Rhinoplasty. Surprisingly, many people assume that everyone who gets operated for Rhinoplasty would have identical results which is actually not true. Even the best practitioners would not be able to get identical results as it’s a very case specific instance. Dr. Rohrich makes it very clear with his patients while he sets realistic expectations with them about what could be achieved. Once he performs the surgery, he expects the patients to go through some or all of the following aftercare instructions. Let’s look at a few:
- During the first week after the surgery, keep your head in an elevated position on 2 pillows.
- During the first three days, it is always a good practice if you apply ice around the surgical area to prevent any swelling. Avoid pressurizing the area as it could lead to bruising.
- Since swelling is normal, Dr. Rohrich advises patients not to panic as it will subside with proper care.
- If there is no or minimal pain, do not take any medications. But if you experience higher levels of pain, then do take painkillers for every 4-6 hours. Most importantly, make sure alcohol is not consumed if you are on pain medicines.
- Some patients have high levels of anxiety after the surgery is done. If you are a victim of anxiety, then just take some anti-anxiety medication every 8 hours.
- On the day of the surgery, only consume liquid diet and gradually move on to soft forms of diet during the next few days. Avoid any food that involves excessive lip movements.
- You are likely to experience bloody nasal discharge for the first three days. During this time, do not rub the nasal area to avoid any irritation.
These are some of the many instructions that Dr. Rohrich provides to all of his patients and if you practice them religiously, you will be up and running within no time.